Youth LED (Lead Excel Demonstrate)
Moorelands Kids offers Youth LED (Lead Excel Demonstrate), an after-school youth leadership program, for youth Grades 6 – 8 at the following schools:
- Valley Park Middle School
- Humber Summit Middle School
- Gulfstream Public School.
Participants will have the opportunity to develop the Moorelands Leadership Habits and Qualities, gain confidence and make new friends.
The nine-week program runs in both the Fall and Spring Semesters. We are now accepting applications for the FALL semester.
There is no fee for the program this year, however, registration is required. Spaces are limited. Applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
The goal of Youth LED is to help young people become leaders in their own lives. Participants learn leadership habits and qualities including:
- Be Proactive
- Set Goals & First Things First
- Think Win/Win
- Listen & Understand, then be Understood
- Together is Better
- Care for Yourself, Inside & Out
OBJECTIVES & RESULTS.
What We Do
Each session at program, participants develop leadership and life skills through fun, hands-on experiences such as:
- Enjoying fun leadership skill-building workshops and games
- Planning activities and volunteering at our BLAST after-school program
- Learning about volunteer opportunities in their community
- Gaining certification in First Aid
- Participating in the Leadership Retreat
Learn more about what goes on at Moorelands Youth LED.
The Youth LED and VITAL Leadership Retreat
The Youth Leadership Retreat is intended as an opportunity for all program participants to come together and explore challenges, consolidate leadership learnings and expand their personal networks and community connections.
VITAL participants, as part of their program goals, will have input into the design and implementation of the retreat’s leadership goals and activities. This retreat gives participants the opportunity to connect with each other, practice the skills they developed over the year and reflect on how they will continue to use their newly honed skills after the end of program.
Follow us on social media!