We empower kids to transform their lives.
Children and youth living with financial challenges face barriers that other kids don’t.
Moorelands Kids’ mission is to bridge the opportunity gap through skill-building experiences, empowering kids to overcome the barriers to success.
Our Core Beliefs
- Every child has the right to succeed in life.
- Every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- Kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they miss out on reaching their full potential.
- Equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to succeed.
- Their success is our legacy.
At Moorelands Kids…
- We recognize the inherent value of all persons. We strive to treat all we engage with – the families we serve, our staff, community partners, volunteers, donors
andsuppliers – with courtesy, respect, dignity, compassion and understanding. We strive to maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct in all our dealings.
- We recognize and value the variety and diversity of the people and gifts that are shared with us.
- We strive to be responsible stewards of the time and talents of our staff and volunteers and of the financial resources entrusted to us. We use all these resources effectively and efficiently to the best of our abilities.
- We recognize our attitudes and actions within our organization and our natural environment are both our lived values and our heritage to the next generation. We commit ourselves to be inclusive good stewards of this heritage.
Equipping kids with the tools to succeed.
“My child had an amazing, life-learning experience with both camp high school programs (LEDGE & STEP). She was able to learn the many values of life and learned to apply them back home. She hopes to come back and use those skills as a counsellor next summer.” Amanda, camper parent.