Our Core Beliefs
- We believe that every child has the right to succeed in life.
- We believe that every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- We believe that kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they miss out on reaching their full potential.
- We believe that equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to succeed.
- We believe that their success is our legacy.
We empower kids to transform their lives.
We empower kids to set them up for success by:
- Investing in leadership and life skills learning programs for kids to create connections, build confidence, gain competence and develop character.
- Creating connections with families and kids facing economic barriers
- Forming collaborative partnerships with schools, community agencies, foundations, corporations and individuals ready to champion and support Moorelands Kids’ programs.
- Harnessing a Positive Youth Development framework to enable and empower kids to meet the challenges of adolescence and adulthood while achieving their full potential.
- Leveraging and protecting our world-class assets through Moorelands Camp, our after-school programs, our family programs, our unique approach, and our talented staff; in order to enrich life-skill development resulting in positive, healthy lives.
At Moorelands Kids…
- We recognize the inherent value of all persons. We strive to treat all we touch – the families we serve, our staff, community partners, volunteers, donors
andsuppliers – with courtesy, respect, dignity, compassion and understanding. We strive to maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct in all our dealings.
- We recognize and value the variety and diversity of gifts that are shared with us. We strive to be responsible stewards of the time and talents of our staff and volunteers and of the financial resources entrusted to us. We use all these resources effectively and efficiently to the best of our abilities.
- We recognize our environment – community and natural – as our heritage to the next generation. We commit ourselves to be good stewards of this heritage.
Equipping kids with the tools to succeed.
“My child had an amazing, life-learning experience with both camp high school programs (LEDGE & STEP). She was able to learn the many values of life and learned to apply them back home. She hopes to come back and use those skills as a counsellor next summer.” Amanda, camper parent.