Moorelands Kids is committed to transparency around our funding and how we spend it.
- Is a fiscally prudent organization run with the highest level of stewardship and public trust;
- Is accredited by the Imagine Canada Standards Program;
- Spends only 7 cents of each dollar raised on administration;
- Is supported primarily by individuals and organizations; 43% of our operating funds come from individual donations and 20% from foundations, corporations, service clubs and church groups;
- Directs 73 cents of each dollar you donate directly into our programs.
Funding and Expenses 2022
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DONOR
The Donor Bill of Rights is developed in part by the Association of Fundraising Professionals and upheld by Moorelands Kids. For questions or concerns about your rights as a Moorelands Kids donor, please contact Colette Halferty, Director of Development and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-466-9987 ext. 307. As a donor, you have the following rights when you give:
- All donors are entitled to receive an official receipt for income tax purposes for any amount equal to or above $15. Donors of non-cash eligible gifts (as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency) are entitled to receive an official receipt that reflects the fair market value of the gift, to the extent permitted by the Canada Revenue Agency.
- All fundraising solicitations by or on behalf of Moorelands will disclose the Moorelands name and the purpose for which funds are requested. In the case of printed and electronic solicitations, the contact details of Moorelands shall be provided. To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about your donation is handled with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to you will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for your name to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Donors and prospective donors are entitled to the following, promptly upon request:
- A copy of Moorelands’ most recent approved audited financial statements;To know whether an individual soliciting funds on behalf of Moorelands is a volunteer, and employee, or a hired solicitor;
- Moorelands’ charitable registration number as assigned by the Canada Revenue Agency;
- Any information contained in the public portion of the charity’s most recent T3010 form as submitted to the Canada Revenue Agency;
- A list of the names of the Board of Directors of Moorelands;
- Respectfully honour donors’ requests to limit the frequency of contact, not be contacted by telephone or other means and to discontinue contact altogether.
- A prompt response to any complaint by a donor or prospective donor.
- A copy of this Fundraising and Donor Rights Policy
Moorelands is committed to reporting on a regular basis to donors about the organization’s activities.
Donors will be encouraged to seek independent advice if Moorelands has any reason to believe that a proposed donation might significantly and adversely affect the donor’s financial position or taxable income.
The privacy of donors will be respected. Any donor records that are maintained by Moorelands will be kept confidential to the greatest extent possible. Donors have the right to see their own donor record, and to challenge its accuracy. A donor’s request to remain anonymous will be respected.
ABOUT OUR ACCREDITATIONS
In 2022, Moorelands Kids once again was successfully accredited by the Imagine Canada Standards program. The goal of the Standards Program is to help Canadian charities and nonprofits improve their practices and increase transparency in five foundational areas: board governance, financial accountability & transparency, fundraising, staff management, and volunteer involvement. You can learn more about the Standards Program by going to www.imaginecanada.ca.
We have also been recognized once again by Charity Intelligence Canada in 2023 and rated as one of the top 100 charities in Canada for the fourth year in a row. The Mission of Charity Intelligence Canada is to provide Canadian donors with information that helps them make informed and intelligent giving decisions to have the greatest impact. You can view our Charity Intelligence profile here.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Colette Halferty, Director of Development & Communications at email@example.com or by phone at 416-466-9987 ext. 307, or download a copy of our audited financial statements.