Advanced leadership development programs for students in Grades 9 & 10.
Moorelands Camp high school programs, LEDGE & STEP, challenge campers to:
- Develop their leadership skills through a variety of practical activities
- Learn about their personal strengths and areas to develop
- Practice valuable life skills that are transferable to their community back in the city
Preference is given to applicants who have previously attended Moorelands Camp or participated in Moorelands Kids’ programs. All participants must demonstrate a desire to learn and further develop their leadership skills.
What Happens at Moorelands Camp High School Programs?
Both LEDGE and STEP offer:
- Practical activities for participants to learn about advanced leadership skills
- A three-day canoe trip and advanced Outdoor Living Skills
- High/Low Ropes Challenge Course experiences
*Note: in order to participate in the program all participants must be able to swim 50 metres (2 lengths) of a pool.
Learn, Experience, Deepen, Grow, Empower
LEDGE introduces participants to becoming leaders in their community. Main areas of focus are:
- Identifying their personal strengths as a leader
- Learning to work within a team
- Improving communication skills
- Applying Moorelands Kids’ Habits & Qualities in their daily interactions
LEDGE is one camp session and is offered as a Boys or Girls session. Spaces are limited so apply early.
Serve, Transform, Excel, Practice
The STEP program is co-ed and encourages participants to deepen their knowledge and apply their leadership skills. Participants:
- Demonstrate leadership through dynamic activities, goal setting, and journaling
- Complete a one week job shadow and mentorship experience
- Receive Emergency First Aid certification upon successful completion of the course and test
STEP is a total of 12 days over two camp sessions. Campers return home between sessions. The LEDGE program is a prerequisite to the program and spaces are limited so it is recommended that you apply early.