Moorelands Camp offers two advanced leadership development programs for grade 9 and grade 10 students. Preference is given to applicants who have previously attended Moorelands Camp or participated in Moorelands Kids programs. All participants demonstrate a desire to learn and further develop their leadership skills.
Moorelands Camp High School programs challenge campers to:
- Develop their leadership skills through a variety of practical activities
- Learn about their personal strengths and areas to develop
- Practice valuable life skills that are transferable to their community back in the city
The LEDGE (Learn, Experience, Deepen, Grow, Empower) program is for participants in grade 9. The STEP (Serve, Transform, Excel, Practice) program is for participants in grade 10. Scroll down or click the names above for more specific information about each program. Both Programs offer:
- Practical activities for participants to learn about advanced leadership skills
- A 3 day canoe trip and advanced Outdoor Living Skills
- High/Low Ropes Challenge Course experiences
***Note: in order to participate in the program all participants must be able to swim 50 metres (2 lengths) of a pool
LEDGE Advanced Leadership Program
Learn, Experience, Deepen, Grow, Empower
LEDGE introduces participants to becoming leaders in their community. Main areas of focus are:
- Identifying their personal strengths as a leader
- Learning to work within a team
- Improving communication skills
- Applying Moorelands Kids’ Habits and Qualities in their daily interactions
LEDGE is one camp session and is offered as a Boys or Girls session. Spaces are limited so apply early.
STEP Advanced Leadership and Job Experience Program
Serve, Transform, Excel, Practice
The STEP program is co-ed and encourages participants to deepen their knowledge and apply their leadership skills. Participants:
- Demonstrate leadership through dynamic activities, goal setting, and journaling
- Complete a one week job shadow and mentorship experience
- Receive Emergency First Aid certification upon successful completion of the course and test
STEP is a total of 12 days over two camp sessions. Campers return home between sessions. The LEDGE program is a prerequisite to the program and spaces are limited so it is recommended that you apply early.
Ready to apply?
For LEDGE, submit an application package online or call the office to have one mailed to you. Applicants attend an information session at our city office as part of the application process. Expectations of the program will be explained and questions answered.
For STEP, submit an application package online or call the office to have one mailed to you. Applicants attend a personal interview at our city office as part of the application process. Participants will discuss their past leadership experiences and learn about the expectations of the program.
***The deadline for applications is Monday February 4, 2019.