Now that 2019 is upon us, we have the opportunity to prioritize what is important in our lives. At Moorelands Kids, we know that Leaders are people who SET GOALS, and do FIRST THINGS FIRST.
Goals help our plans and dreams become reality.
Take some time to write out what is important to you this year. Do you want to learn a new skill? How about helping out a friend? Have you chosen to stop doing something? When you can identify the things that are valuable to you, you will know where you want to spend your time and energy.
Setting Goals helps to put legs to our dreams, and provide guidelines to make sure our goals are achieved.
SMART GOALS are a framework for doing FIRST THINGS FIRST and making your dreams and ideas a reality.
This helps you to be responsible with your time, your resources, your efforts and your energy.
SMART GOALS are:
- Specific: What is the goal? Be as detailed and specific as you can
- Measurable: What is the quantity of the change? Or a cost? How will you know when you’ve completed the goal? This helps us to do FIRST THINGS FIRST
- Achievable: Make sure that the goal can be completed within the measurable framework you create.
- Realistic: Are the changes you’re hoping to make reasonable? Be realistic about the time and resources you have.
- Timely: Put a time frame on the goal. How much time will you invest in completing it? When will you be done?
Maybe your goal seems too big to achieve, but when you create SMART goals, you are responsible. You put parameters around your goal, and help yourself to achieve it!
Leaders are people who are RESPONSIBLE. They do what they are supposed to do. They use self-control. They think before they act and they consider the consequences. Leaders choose their attitudes, actions, and behaviours.