Register for the STWM 2017
STWM 2017: Walk/Run for Moorelands in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon and help kids affected by poverty bridge the opportunity gap.
WHEN: Sunday, October 22, 2017
TIME: 8:00 am (5K) / 8:45 am (Full & Half Marathon)
WHERE: 5k start = Lakeshore just west of Ontario drive
Half & Full Marathon Start = University Ave between Dundas St & Queen St
Help us to continue to meet the needs of children and youth from some of Toronto’s most underserved communities.
Fundraise for Moorelands: raise over $250 and we will reimburse your registration fees!
Follow the 2 simple steps below to:
- Register for the race
- Set up your fundraising page
Need help or have questions? Contact Helen: firstname.lastname@example.org / 416-466-9987 ext 312
How to Register - 2 easy steps
- Visit https://raceroster.com/events/2017/10447/2017-scotiabank-toronto-waterfront-marathon
- Enter your username & create a password.
- Select the event and race you in which you would like to complete (5k walk or run, half marathon or marathon).
- Complete the Participant Information and agree to the waiver on the next page.
- Answer ‘No’ to the question: do you want to take part in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge?
Now click on Step 2 above to fundraise!
- Create a fundraising page for yourself or your team with CanadaHelps
- Go to https://www.canadahelps.org/en/fundraise/ – you will need to create an account if you have never used CanadaHelps before.
- It will ask you to “Add at least one charity” – Type “Moorelands” into the search box and click search. Click “add charity” next to Moorelands’ name in the search results.
- Complete the details about under “About your fundraiser”
- Type of fundraiser = Sporting event
- Name of the sporting event and the participant’s name = STWM 2017 + your name or team name (e.g. STWM 2017 – Team Lake Life)
- Title of your fundraiser = Something like: “Sponsor Team Lake Life in the STWM 2017”
- Set the start date to today’s date and the end date to October 31st 2017.
- Choose your fundraising goal. Remember you need to raise $250 for Moorelands to reimburse your fees. So if you are entering as a team of three people, you should set your goal at $750.
- Add “Your Fundraising Story” at the bottom – for tips and a template for this section, click here.
- Click “Create Your Fundraising Page” and you’re almost done! Customize your page with pics and videos – see below for some you can use!
- Don’t forget to email your friends and share your page on social media. Remember, regular updates and thank yous are the best way to drive up donations!
Thank you for walking or running for Moorelands in the #STWM 2017! Together we are bridging the opportunity gap for kids!
Need pics or videos for your STWM fundraising page?
Right click on any of these pictures to download to your computer. You can then insert them into your STWM fundraising page.
Or copy & paste any of these URLs into your fundraising page to show a Moorelands video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zZfT_cLeYM What is moorelands?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCQ3FeIR-Bs BLAST kids interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqmox8fcXiA Why moorelands matters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HoW2dkfLZQ Campers share great moments