Visitors’ Day 2016
Come join us at camp for Visitors' Day 2016!
Please join us for Visitors’ Day 2016 at Moorelands Wilderness Camp on Friday, July 15th.
Visit beautiful Kawagama Lake (near Dorset) and come see our programs in action. Lunch will be provided and we encourage you to meet our children and take part in a day at camp. Please note, our camp is boat accessible only.
Visitors’ Day 2016 Schedule:
Boat pickups start at 10:30 am
Tours go from 11:00 to 12:30 pm
Lunch is 12:30 to 1:30 pm followed by relaxing by the beach.
Boats return you to your car between 1:30 and 2:30 pm to have you back to the city between 5:00 – 6:00 pm.
Please RSVP by July 11th, to Cheryle Pollock at 416-466-9987 ext 300. We hope to see you there!
Getting to Visitors' Day 2016
At Moorelands Wilderness Camp:
We believe that all youth have strengths, regardless of their background or life situation.
We believe that children and youth can grow and flourish when their strengths are aligned with the benefits of our intentional, quality programs.
We focus on understanding, educating, and engaging children and youth in productive activities rather than fixing, curing, or treating them.
Moorelands Camp Objectives are to provide:
- Opportunities for campers to build self-esteem and confidence through fun recreational activities
- Opportunities for campers to build life skills including problem solving, goal setting, decision making, team work and friend making
- Opportunities for campers to learn practical camp related skills and experience success
- Positive role models and opportunities for campers to learn and practice positive character qualities
- The experience of good relationships with peers and a mentor
- Positive memories of the camping experience