Please join us for Visitors’ Day 2019 at Moorelands Camp on Friday, July 12th.
See our camp in action and discover what makes Moorelands Camp a unique and empowering experience!
Park your car at Old Mill Marina (near Dorset) and take the boat across beautiful Kawagama Lake to see our programs in action. The marina is located at 1652 Russell Landing Rd., Dorset, ON, P0A 1E0.
Lunch will be provided and we encourage you to meet our children and take part in the celebrations at camp. Please note, our camp is boat access only.
- Boat pickups start at 10:30 am
- Tours and activities go from 11:00 to 1:30 pm
- Lunch is 1:30 to 2:30 pm
- Boats return you to your car between 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. to have you back to the city between 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Please RSVP by July 5th
RSVP to 416-466-9987 ext 312 or email@example.com. We hope to see you there!
- Take Hwy 400 north to Hwy 11.
- Just north of Bracebridge take Hwy 117 east to Hwy 35.
- Turn north (left) on Hwy 35
- Turn right on Kawagama Lake Road.
- Take first right, Country Rd #8 and follow the signs to Old Mill Marina. There is a ‘Y’ in the road, keep to the left!
- Keep driving past the first marina you come to (Mountain Trout House Marina) and drive all the way to the end of the road until you can go no further. This is Old Mill Marina where you should park and wait for the boat.
- Moorelands Camp 705-766-2916
What We Believe
- We believe that every child has the right to succeed in life.
- We believe that every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- We believe that kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they miss out on reaching their full potential.
- We believe that equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to succeed.
- We believe that their success is our legacy.
What We Do
We empower kids and set them up for success by:
- Investing in leadership and life skills learning programs for kids to create connections, build confidence, gain competence and develop character.
- Creating connections with families and kids facing economic barriers
- Forming collaborative partnerships with schools, community agencies, foundations, corporations and individuals ready to champion and support Moorelands Kids’ programs.
- Harnessing a Positive Youth Development framework to enable and empower kids to meet the challenges of adolescence and adulthood while achieving their full potential.
- Leveraging and protecting our world-class assets through Moorelands Camp, our after-school programs, our family programs, our unique approach, and our talented staff; in order to enrich life-skill development resulting in positive, healthy lives.