Position Duration: June 12 – August 13, 2023
Employment Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
The nurse is responsible for the promotion of general health & safety of campers and staff. As well, they take on a key role in operating the health center, supervising other members of the health care team, and plan and implement health & well-being training.
The Health Care staff at Moorelands Camp are responsible for the promotion of general health & safety of campers and staff. The Health Centre provides many services to the camp community including health teaching, responding to emergencies, dispensing medication, care of routine health issues, staff training, and first aid support. This is a great opportunity to gain front line health care experience, practice diagnostics, and learn key bedside manner and interaction skills.
- RN or RPN licensed in Ontario
- Standard First Aid and CPR HCP Certificate (can be obtained after job offer)
- Promote a healthy lifestyle and practice to staff and campers
- Ability to work with a team and or independently as necessary in a demanding setting
Working at Moorelands Kids
Moorelands Kids is dedicated to empowering kids to transform their lives by providing fun, engaging, life and leadership skill-building programs to Toronto children and youth affected by poverty. Every member of our staff team is a leader. We work hard to build a team environment where open, frank and respectful communications from everyone at every level is essential. We remain firm in our belief that hard work, leadership and team spirit will be the keys to our success. It’s really quite simple – people make the difference.
Moorelands Kids’ Core Beliefs:
- We believe that every child has the right to succeed in life.
- We believe that every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- We believe that kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they may miss out on reaching their full potential.
- We believe that equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to achieve success.
- We believe that their success is our legacy.