Giving Youth the Skills they need for the workplace and to be leaders in the community.
Moorelands Kids’ online/in-person hybrid VITAL program for high school students is an advanced personal leadership development program. We provide Toronto youth with vital social connections, leadership and employment skills, and the opportunity to put those skills into action.
There is no fee for the program, however, registration is required. Spaces are limited. For more information, please call our City Programs Manager at 416-466-9987 Ext. 305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
100% of youth said they were more responsible after participating in VITAL last year.
90% of youth reported better communication skills after participating in VITAL last year.
Can Apply Skills
100% of youth were able to apply the leadership skills they learned at VITAL to a workplace setting.
Made Positive Connections
80% of youth said they made positive connections with peers in the program.
VITAL ONLINE/IN-PERSON HYBRID
VITAL equips youth with the skills and confidence to be leaders in their community. Our online/in-person hybrid program, comprised of 32 weeks of core leadership programming of the Moorelands Kids Habits & Qualities curriculum, offers:
- The opportunity for youth to gain up to 20 community volunteer hours and practice community engagement
- 6 IN-PERSON meet-ups, (pandemic permitting) to connect in person and practise leadership skills while building community through shared experiences.
- 2 leadership retreats – an introductory fall retreat and a spring retreat, to consolidate leadership learnings and expand their personal networks.
- 4 job-skills preparedness workshops
- Weekly group mentoring that encourages positive social connections between peers and staff role models
- Open and interactive conversations about age-group specific challenges: e.g. social anxiety, trust-building, collaboration
I've learned so much by volunteering. What I’ve learned will help me understand people better and how to communicate with them. I feel much more confident!
Farina, VITAL participant, age 16
THE LED AND VITAL LEADERSHIP FIELD TRIP
The Youth Leadership Field Trip is an opportunity for program participants from our LED and VITAL programs to come together and explore challenges, consolidate leadership learnings and expand their personal networks and community connections.
This retreat, either at a nearby outdoor education centre or at our own Moorelands Camp, gives participants the opportunity to connect with each other, practice the skills they developed over the year and reflect on how they will continue to use their newly honed skills after the end of program.
EMPOWERING KIDS TO BE LEADERS - SEE OUR IMPACT
The goal of the VITAL program is to provide youth with advanced personal leadership development and vital social connections so they can be leaders in their community and have the skills to be successful in employment.