The VITAL Coordinator creates a welcoming, safe and positive environment where youth have fun, make friends and develop life skills online. They help plan and implement our leadership curriculum including video calls for up to 30 participants. VITAL Coordinator is responsible for supervising and supporting two groups of youth through our leadership curriculum.
• 18 hours per week
• Program delivery is a hybrid of online zoom calls & in person programming including 2 leadership retreats, one fall and one spring
• Working hours are from 3:30 – 5:15 PM on Tuesday/Thursday, plus some flexibility for program preparation and planning
• Work with the Program Leaders to plan and implement fun, educational and skill developing activities (Including workshops, volunteer opportunities, field trips and leadership retreats)
• Create a welcoming, safe and positive environment
• Supervise participants and implement the necessary behaviour management strategies
• Supervise, support and evaluate the Program Leaders
• Maintain professional and friendly relations with our Community Partners and the participants’ parents
• Complete and submit required paperwork and reports
• Embody and implement Moorelands goals, policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Principles of Healthy Child Development High 5 certified
• Have extensive experience working directly with children and youth
• Have experience coordinating programs, activities and events
• Must have the desire and ability to work with children in online setting
• Proven leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Be energetic, enthusiastic, patient and flexible
• Able to work in team and individual settings
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is an asset
• Experience working in an online setting with children and youth an asset.
• Knowledge of the Moorelands Kids community is an asset
Working at Moorelands Kids
Moorelands Kids is dedicated to empowering kids to transform their lives by providing fun, engaging, life and leadership skill-building programs to Toronto children and youth affected by poverty. Every member of our staff team is a leader. We work hard to build a team environment where open, frank and respectful communications from everyone at every level is essential. We remain firm in our belief that hard work, leadership and team spirit will be the keys to our success. It’s really quite simple – people make the difference.
Moorelands Kids’ Core Beliefs:
- We believe that every child has the right to succeed in life.
- We believe that every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- We believe that kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they may miss out on reaching their full potential.
- We believe that equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to achieve success.
- We believe that their success is our legacy.