The Program Coordinator assists in summer planning and program development; ensures implementation and evaluation of camp program areas; supervises program staff; and plans and implements training. The Program Coordinator is responsible for scheduling of camp staff, campers, and activities; ensuring upkeep and maintenance of program areas and equipment; and evaluating and maintaining safety procedures and risk management policies.
- Standard First Aid Required
- Relevant programming experience
- Experience scheduling using MS Office, Google Apps, or other software
- Working knowledge of all program areas at camp
- Challenge Course Certification and/or experience an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills
- Experience in evaluating and creating risk management and safety procedures an asset
- NLS with experience an asset
- Knowledge of OCA standards an asset
- Possess the personal, emotional and vocational resources needed to be effective working with staff and children in a demanding setting.
Applicants should be a minimum of 20 years of age.
Working at Moorelands Kids
Moorelands Kids is dedicated to empowering kids to transform their lives by providing fun, engaging, life and leadership skill-building programs to Toronto children and youth affected by poverty. Every member of our staff team is a leader. We work hard to build a team environment where open, frank and respectful communications from everyone at every level is essential. We remain firm in our belief that hard work, leadership and team spirit will be the keys to our success. It’s really quite simple – people make the difference.
Moorelands Kids’ Core Beliefs:
- We believe that every child has the right to succeed in life.
- We believe that every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- We believe that kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they may miss out on reaching their full potential.
- We believe that equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to achieve success.
- We believe that their success is our legacy.