Position Duration: June 12 - August 13, 2023
Employment Type: Full Time Seasonal
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
Reporting to the Camp Director, the High School Programs Coordinator is responsible to deliver the High School programs (L.E.D.G.E. & S.T.E.P.) offered at Moorelands. The High School Programs Coordinator embodies the mission and community standards of Moorelands, trains Leadership staff, develops and delivers the program, oversees the experience and safety of all participants.
- Standard First Aid with CPR “C” (can apply without it and be obtained after job offer)
- Tripping Experience required
- Experience leading low ropes & initiatives
- Strong debriefing skills and team building skills
- Excellent planning, scheduling, interpersonal, communication & organizational skills combined
- Works well independently within prescribed parameters
- Can discern the relevance of issues and communicate them effectively to supervisor.
Note: These qualifications are NOT required but will be considered an asset to your application
- NLS or Bronze Cross preferred
- Previous experience implementing a high school leadership programs is a definite asset
Working at Moorelands Kids
Moorelands Kids is dedicated to empowering kids to transform their lives by providing fun, engaging, life and leadership skill-building programs to Toronto children and youth affected by poverty. Every member of our staff team is a leader. We work hard to build a team environment where open, frank and respectful communications from everyone at every level is essential. We remain firm in our belief that hard work, leadership and team spirit will be the keys to our success. It’s really quite simple – people make the difference.
Moorelands Kids’ Core Beliefs:
- We believe that every child has the right to succeed in life.
- We believe that every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- We believe that kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they may miss out on reaching their full potential.
- We believe that equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to achieve success.
- We believe that their success is our legacy.