Cabin Leaders work in pairs and are responsible for the health, safety and well-being of each camper in their cabin group. Supervised by the Section Head team, they live in the cabin with the campers and are role models, 24/7. Cabin Leaders take an active role in facilitating cabin group dynamics and interactions. Cabin Leaders program some activities, assist with caring for the camp facility (community care) and may teach in program areas depending on the needs of the camp and skill level. Cabin Leaders also take an active role at the camp of empowering kids through developing their leadership. This is a great opportunity to gain front line experience with children and youth, confidence in group management, and learn key behaviour intervention skill.
- Current Standard First Aid
- A sincere desire and ability to work with children in an outdoor setting
- Experience leading children’s programming an asset
Working at Moorelands Kids
Moorelands Kids is dedicated to empowering kids to transform their lives by providing fun, engaging, life and leadership skill-building programs to Toronto children and youth affected by poverty. Every member of our staff team is a leader. We work hard to build a team environment where open, frank and respectful communications from everyone at every level is essential. We remain firm in our belief that hard work, leadership and team spirit will be the keys to our success. It’s really quite simple – people make the difference.
Moorelands Kids’ Core Beliefs:
- We believe that every child has the right to succeed in life.
- We believe that every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- We believe that kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they may miss out on reaching their full potential.
- We believe that equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to achieve success.
- We believe that their success is our legacy.