Position Duration: Up to 21 hours per week, Monday - Friday; September to Mid June.
Application Deadline: February 2, 2023
After-school Site Coordinators create a welcoming, safe and positive environment where children aged 6-12 years have fun, make friends and develop life skills. Working with two Program Leaders, the Site Coordinators plan and implement snack, activities, visitors and trips for 24 to 30 participants. Our after-school programs are primarily located in Flemingdon Park and Thorncliffe Park but we have additional sites in Humber Summit and Humbermede.
- 21 hours per week
- Program time varies starting at either 2:30 PM or 3 pm – 6pm Monday to Friday starting at the end of September and ending in the middle of June
- Some additional hours in September for training, during the school year for planning and shopping and in June for clean up & leadership retreat
- Work with the Program Leaders to plan and implement fun, educational and skill developing activities (Including crafts, science, cooking, sports, gym games and more!)
- Create a welcoming, safe and positive environment
- Plan and prepare a healthy snack
- Supervise participants and implement the necessary behaviour management strategies
- Supervise, support and evaluate the Program Leader and volunteers
- Maintain professional and friendly relations with our Community Partners and the participants’ parents
- Complete and submit paperwork and reports
- Manage the budget for program supplies, food and trips
- Embody and implement Moorelands goals, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Standard First Aid
- Principles of Healthy Child Development High 5 certified
- Food Handling Certificate
- Have extensive experience working directly with children aged 6 – 12 years
- Have experience coordinating programs, activities and events
- Must have the desire and ability to work with children in an indoor and outdoor setting
- Proven leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Be energetic, enthusiastic, patient and flexible
- Able to work in team and individual settings
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is an asset
- Knowledge of Flemingdon Park and Thorncliffe Park communities is an asset
Working at Moorelands Kids
Moorelands Kids is dedicated to empowering kids to transform their lives by providing fun, engaging, life and leadership skill-building programs to Toronto children and youth affected by poverty. Every member of our staff team is a leader. We work hard to build a team environment where open, frank and respectful communications from everyone at every level is essential. We remain firm in our belief that hard work, leadership and team spirit will be the keys to our success. It’s really quite simple – people make the difference.
Moorelands Kids’ Core Beliefs:
- We believe that every child has the right to succeed in life.
- We believe that every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- We believe that kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they may miss out on reaching their full potential.
- We believe that equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to achieve success.
- We believe that their success is our legacy.