Position Duration: Up to 17.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday; September to Mid June.
Employment Type: Part Time Seasonal
Application Deadline: August 19, 2023
Program Leaders assist the Site Coordinator to create a welcoming, safe and positive environment where children aged 6-12 have fun, make friends and develop life skills. They help plan and implement our leadership curriculum including snack, activities, visitors and trips for 24 to 30 participants. The BLAST Programs are located in Flemingdon Park or Thorncliffe Park.
- Up to 17.5 hours per week
- Available Monday to Friday for this position
- Training begins in September, mostly weekends
- Working hours vary per location starting at either 2:30 PM or 3 PM to 6pm from Monday to Friday starting at the end of September and ending in the middle of June
- There will be some additional hours in June for clean up & leadership retreat
- Work with the Site Coordinator and other Program Leaders to plan and implement fun, educational and skill developing activities (Including crafts, science, cooking, sports, and gym games)
- Help prepare a healthy snack
- Help supervise participants and implement the necessary behaviour management strategies
- Support volunteers
- Maintain professional and friendly relations with our Community Partners and the participants’ parents
- Complete and submit paperwork and reporting
- Embody and implement Moorelands goals, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Standard First Aid
- Principles of Healthy Child Development High 5 Certified
- Experience working directly with children aged 6 – 12 years
- Must have the desire and ability to work with children in an indoor and outdoor setting
- Proven leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Be energetic, enthusiastic, patient and flexible
- Able to work in team and individual settings
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is an asset
- Knowledge of Flemingdon Park and Thorncliffe Park communities is an asset
Working at Moorelands Kids
Moorelands Kids is dedicated to empowering kids to transform their lives by providing fun, engaging, life and leadership skill-building programs to Toronto children and youth affected by poverty. Every member of our staff team is a leader. We work hard to build a team environment where open, frank and respectful communications from everyone at every level is essential. We remain firm in our belief that hard work, leadership and team spirit will be the keys to our success. It’s really quite simple – people make the difference.
Moorelands Kids’ Core Beliefs:
- We believe that every child has the right to succeed in life.
- We believe that every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- We believe that kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they may miss out on reaching their full potential.
- We believe that equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to achieve success.
- We believe that their success is our legacy.