Youth Leadership Program Head
The Youth Leadership Program Head works with the Program Leader to plan and implement a leadership program for youth ages 11-12 or 13-15 in Flemingdon Park and Thorncliffe Park. The program helps youth become leaders in their own lives through workshops and activities that build confidence explore beliefs/values and develop skills such as communication, decision making and positive conflict resolution.
- Possible 9 hours per week
- Program hours for October 2016 are 3 days a week 3-6 Pm (dates to be confirmed) then become more fluid
- Some additional hours in September for training, planning and shopping and in June for clean up
- Work with the Program Leader to plan and implement activities and workshops that meet the objectives of the Youth Leadership Program
- Create a fun, safe, inclusive and welcoming environment where participants feel comfortable to participate in discussions and activities
- Plan and attend program trips including the FIRST AID Certification and the end of year Leadership Weekend Trip
- Plan and prepare healthy snacks
- Supervise participants and implement the necessary behaviour management strategies
- Complete and submit paperwork and reports
- Manage the budget for program supplies, food and trips
- Supervise, support and evaluate the Program Leader
- Maintain professional and friendly relations with our Community Partners and the participants’ parents.
- Embody and implement Moorelands goals, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Have extensive experience working directly with youth 11 – 15 years old
- Have experience coordinating programs, activities or events.
- Proven leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Be energetic, enthusiastic, patient and flexible
- Able to work in team and individual settings
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is an asset
- Knowledge of the Flemingdon Park and Thorncliffe Park areas is an asset
New to working at Moorelands?
Returning Moorelands staff?