Please join us for Visitors’ Day 2018 at Moorelands Camp on Friday, July 13th.
Park your car at Old Mill Marina (near Dorset) and take the boat across beautiful Kawagama Lake to see our programs in action. The marina is located at 1652 Russell Landing Rd., Dorset, ON, P0A 1E0.
Lunch will be provided and we encourage you to meet our children and take part in the celebrations at camp. Please note, our camp is boat access only.
Visitors' Day 2018 Schedule:
- Boat pickups start at 10:30 am
- Tours go from 11:00 to 12:30 pm
- Lunch is 12:30 to 1:30 pm followed by relaxing by the beach.
- Boats return you to your car between 1:30 and 2:30 p.m. to have you back to the city between 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Please RSVP by July 3rd to 416-466-9987 ext 312 or email@example.com. We hope to see you there!
Getting to Visitors' Day 2018
- Take Hwy 400 north to Hwy 11.
- Just north of Bracebridge take Hwy 117 east to Hwy 35.
- Turn north (left) on Hwy 35
- Turn right on Kawagama Lake Road.
- Take first right, Country Rd #8 and follow the signs to Old Mill Marina. There is a ‘Y’ in the road, keep to the left!
- Keep driving past the first marina you come to (Mountain Trout House Marina) and drive all the way to the end of the road until you can go no further. This is Old Mill Marina where you should park and wait for the boat.
- Moorelands Camp 705-766-2916
At Moorelands Camp:
We believe that all youth have strengths, regardless of their background or life situation.
We believe that children and youth can grow and flourish when their strengths are aligned with the benefits of our intentional, quality programs.
We focus on understanding, educating, and engaging children and youth in productive activities rather than fixing, curing, or treating them.
Moorelands Camp Objectives are to provide:
- Opportunities for campers to build self-esteem and confidence through fun recreational activities
- Opportunities for campers to build life skills including problem solving, goal setting, decision making, team work and friend making
- Opportunities for campers to learn practical camp related skills and experience success
- Positive role models and opportunities for campers to learn and practice positive character qualities
- The experience of good relationships with peers and a mentor
- Positive memories of the camping experience