Join Moorelands in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon on October 18th 2015!
Moorelands participates in the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon to raise money for our vital programs for low-income children and youth. Please help us by registering to walk or run, spreading the word or sponsoring us.
Want to know more about what Moorelands does? Check out the video!
How do I sign up?
- To register to walk or run, visit https://secure.eventsonline.ca/reg/crs/
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page where you will see the event ‘Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon – Oct 18, 2015’ listed.
- Select the race you would like to compete in (5k walk or run, half marathon or marathon)
- On the next page complete your information (do not enter anything in the discount code box) and click submit.
- On the next page it will ask you ‘Would you like to participate in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge?’ – the answer is YES!
- Enter the charity pin code: 15TSCC
- In the drop down menu for ‘I would like to’ select ‘Create a fundraising account‘
- In the next drop down menu, select ‘Moorelands Community Services‘
- At the bottom of the page it asks for donation amount. NB: This is a donation to Canada Running Series and not Moorelands. You can leave this blank if you wish. Click submit.
- On the next page, ‘Teams’, click SKIP
- On the next page, ‘Addons’ you can select any add-ons you wish but you will be charged! Click submit.
- Review the information you have entered on the next page. Make sure that under ‘Artez fundraising’ the field ‘Artez Participate’ says YES. This will create your fundraising page.
- Pay the fee on the next page – if you raise over $150 for Moorelands you will get this money back in full!
- Once you have paid the fee using your credit card you will be taken to a confirmation page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Participant Dashboard‘
- From here you will be asked to enter the login and password you created when signing up for the marathon.
- From your ‘Participant Dashboard’ you can review your details and set up your fundraising page by clicking ‘My Charity Challenge Profile‘ – you may be prompted to enter your password again.
- You can edit and customize your profile page by clicking ‘edit message‘ – here you can change the text, add pictures and videos! You will also see a link to your fundraising page which you can share with your family and friends! Check out our tips and resources on how to update your fundraising page.
- Don’t forget to raise your fundraising goal…remember you need to raise $150 to get your fees reimbursed by Moorelands PLUS you are raising money for a great cause!*
- Get ready and get training
*Will your employer match your charitable donation? Many companies do. If you’re not sure, you can check with your human resources department to see if it’s possible.
Prizes will be given to top fundraisers as well as the best male and female costume!
Your donation will go directly to support the kids in our programs.
Immediate electronic tax receipts will be issued. For more information, please contact Helen Gaan, Development & Stewardship Officer, at 416-466-9987 x312 or firstname.lastname@example.org