In the media
- July 29, 2015, Moorelands builds confidence and keeps kids coming back by Leslie Ferenc
- May 25, 2015, camp alum, Joey Perrault and jazz star Molly Johnson interviewed on Metro morning (audio link)
- Nov 3, 2014, Camp changed my life – A profile of Andy Barrie by Barbara Turnbull
- July 24, 2014, Campers grow and gain friends at Moorelands by Leslie Ferenc
- July 4, 2014, One perfect day at camp makes for a lasting memory by Barbara Turnbull
- June 30, 2014, Cabin leader passes along life lessons
- July 26, 2013, Couch potato finds confidence, character at summer camp
- June 30, 2013, Kids learn importance of giving back
- June 14, 2013, How flying squirrels, friends inspire confidence at camp
- June 2, 2013, Moorelands Camp a magical place where summer memories made
- May 24, 2013, Camp helped create a hero
- August 1, 2012, One hundred years of perseverance pays off By Canon Peter Gratton
- July 28, 2012 – Fresh Air Fund 2012: Oogah Boogahs are just part of the fun at Moorelands Wilderness Camp
- July 24, 2012, CBC News: Working for Change, As Toronto’s gun debate continues, one of the city’s oldest organizations offering youth programs opens its doors to CBC reporter Aarti Pole.
- July 20, 2012, CTV Toronto: Summer camp helps children escape violence
- Jun 29, 2012, How To Share The Love of Camp With A Child In Need (source YummyMummyClub.ca)Moorelands Gives Kids A Chance-Of-A-Lifetime Experience
- June 28, 2012 – The Importance of Sending Your Child to CampAnd How I Spent Many Summers Feeling Homesick And Happy
- CBC Radio Interview with Matt Galloway on Metro Morning: The Science of Camp (Audio Link)
- June 23, 2012, Fresh Air Fund 2012: Memories of Moorelands last a lifetime
- June 12, 2012, Event Recap: Moorelands Masque Toronto
- June 07, 2012, Fresh Air Fund 2012: Summer camp is just what the doctor ordered
- May 30, 2012, Moorelands camp is a touch of paradise for kids!
- May 25, 2012, Mallick: Readers, let’s send our kids to camp
- February 8, 2012, Inside Toronto.com Moorelands Celebrates a Century of Community Service
- August 16, 2010, Where kayaks build character
- August 15, 2010, A wonderful place for a splash in the lake
- January 18, 2010, Donations rescue Moorelands’ program for kids,
- January 11, 2010, Crowded, Stressed Thorncliffe
Toronto Community Foundation Vital Signs Report
The Community Foundation partners with many researchers to produce the Toronto’s Vital Signs Report. The Report identifies progress we should be proud of and challenges that need to be addressed. It is a consolidated snapshot of the trends and issues affecting the quality of life in our city and each of the interconnected issue areas is critical to the well-being of Toronto and its residents.
Moorelands Community Services is part of the Foundation’s Community Knowledge Centre, showcasing innovative solutions to our city’s pressing issues – learn more by viewing our profile.