Section Heads are responsible for supervising the cabin leaders in their respective ends and providing support and guidance as necessary. Section Heads are also responsible for planning and implementing training for staff, organizing section programming, overseeing paperwork, and assisting in the operations of camp. This is a great opportunity to gain supervisory experience, confidence in leading a team, and learn and apply advanced behaviour and crisis intervention skills when working with children and youth.
- Current Standard First Aid required, Bronze Cross preferred
- Excellent leadership, supervision and organizational skills.
- Supervisory Experience (preferred)
- Experience and/or training in behaviour intervention techniques an asset
- Possess the personal, emotional, and vocational resources needed to be effective working with staff and children in a demanding setting
Working at Moorelands Kids
Moorelands Kids is dedicated to empowering kids to transform their lives by providing fun, engaging, life and leadership skill-building programs to Toronto children and youth affected by poverty. Every member of our staff team is a leader. We work hard to build a team environment where open, frank and respectful communications from everyone at every level is essential. We remain firm in our belief that hard work, leadership and team spirit will be the keys to our success. It’s really quite simple – people make the difference.
Moorelands Kids’ Core Beliefs:
- We believe that every child has the right to succeed in life.
- We believe that every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- We believe that kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they may miss out on reaching their full potential.
- We believe that equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to achieve success.
- We believe that their success is our legacy.