The LED Coordinator creates a welcoming, safe and positive environment where children aged 11-14 years have fun, make friends and develop life skills. Working with a Program Leader, the LED Coordinator plans and implements our leadership curriculum including snack, activities, and trips for 15-25. The After-school Programs are located in Flemingdon Park, Humber Summit and Humbermede. The LED Coordinator is responsible for all three locations during the 9 week leadership course.
- Work with the Program Leader to plan and implement fun, educational and skill developing activities
- Create a welcoming, safe and positive environment
- Plan and prepare a healthy snack
- Supervise participants and implement the necessary behaviour management strategies
- Supervise, support and evaluate the Program Leaders and volunteers
- Maintain professional and friendly relations with our Community Partners and the participants’ parents
- Complete and submit required paperwork and reports
- Manage the budget for program supplies, food and trips
- Embody and implement Moorelands goals, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Standard First Aid
- Principles of Healthy Child Development High 5 certified
- Food Handling Certificate
- Have extensive experience working directly with children aged 11-14 years
- Have experience coordinating programs, activities and events
- Must have the desire and ability to work with children in an indoor and outdoor setting
- Proven leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Be energetic, enthusiastic, patient and flexible
- Able to work in team and individual settings
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is an asset
- Experience supervising staff an asset
- Knowledge of the communities is an asset
Working at Moorelands Kids
Moorelands Kids is dedicated to empowering kids to transform their lives by providing fun, engaging, life and leadership skill-building programs to Toronto children and youth affected by poverty. Every member of our staff team is a leader. We work hard to build a team environment where open, frank and respectful communications from everyone at every level is essential. We remain firm in our belief that hard work, leadership and team spirit will be the keys to our success. It’s really quite simple – people make the difference.
Moorelands Kids’ Core Beliefs:
- We believe that every child has the right to succeed in life.
- We believe that every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- We believe that kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they may miss out on reaching their full potential.
- We believe that equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to achieve success.
- We believe that their success is our legacy.