Position Duration: June 11th – August 8th, 2020
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
Reporting to the Camp Director, the Day Camp Coordinator is responsible to deliver the Day Camp programs offered at Moorelands. The Day Camp Coordinator embodies the mission and community standards of Moorelands, trains Day Camp staff, develops and delivers the program, markets the program, registers campers, and oversees the experience and safety of all participants. In addition, the Day Camp Coordinator will support other areas of camp such as serving as assisting/leading programs and/or supporting the Office Administrator.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Standard First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge of Camp Brain an asset
- Experience in a senior position at a camp an asset
- Bronze Cross certification an asset
- Experience with customer service an asset
- Advertising/marketing experience an asset
- Ability to work with a team and/or independently as necessary in a demanding setting.
Working at Moorelands Kids
Moorelands Kids is dedicated to empowering kids to transform their lives by providing fun, engaging, life and leadership skill-building programs to Toronto children and youth affected by poverty. Every member of our staff team is a leader. We work hard to build a team environment where open, frank and respectful communications from everyone at every level is essential. We remain firm in our belief that hard work, leadership and team spirit will be the keys to our success. It’s really quite simple – people make the difference.
Moorelands Kids’ Core Beliefs:
- We believe that every child has the right to succeed in life.
- We believe that every child has strengths regardless of their life circumstance.
- We believe that kids from low-income families face hurdles that other kids don’t, and because of this, they may miss out on reaching their full potential.
- We believe that equipping kids with the tools to thrive will give them a better chance to achieve success.
- We believe that their success is our legacy.