At Moorelands Kids, we depend entirely on you. Your gift can change a child’s life. On this, page you will find ways to empower Toronto kids affected by poverty to transform their lives.
Moorelands Kids is a Canadian registered charity, almost entirely supported by individuals, groups, foundations, and corporations. We are not recipients of significant government funding – the amount received is less than 2% of our annual budget.
Moorelands Kids is only able to reach out and make a difference in young lives because of the support of our generous donors.
At Moorelands Kids, we pride ourselves on being accessible to the children and families we serve and accountable to our valued donors.
- is a frugal organization that demonstrates a high degree of fiscal responsibility
- uses only 7¢ of each dollar donated for administration
- believes in sustainable funding and believes programs should not be expanded unless they can be maintained
As custodians of your trust and generosity, we greatly respect your privacy and your rights as a donor. As a donor to Moorelands Kids, you’ll be updated on our progress with newsletters and annual reports. And, of course, you are always welcome to contact us to find out more about our individual programs.
There are many ways in which you can help Moorelands Kids achieve fundraising goals so we can empower kids to transform their lives.
There are many ways to give to Moorelands Kids:
- Major Gifts – contact Maureen Lewis
- Monthly Gift Giving (billed to your credit card or chequing account)
- Gifts of Stock (publicly traded securities) – contact Maureen Lewis
- Planned Giving (Bequests, Charitable Gift Annuities, Charitable Remainder Trusts, Gifts of Life Insurance or Real Property) – contact Maureen Lewis
- Donating gifts-in-kind through supplies to our programs
- Baby Bundles (providing new and/or handmade items needed for this program)
or by participating in our Special Fundraising Events.
Your direct monetary gift can be made via:
- Telephone, using Visa or MasterCard: at (416) 466-9987 x. 309
- Directly online, through a SECURE connection (Visa and MC) by clicking here.
- Mail, by sending a cheque made out to Moorelands Kids to 250 Merton Street, unit 501; Toronto, ON M4S 1B1
No matter what method you choose, we pledge to offer you a prompt and professional response, a tax receipt where appropriate, and the recognition of your gift that is most aligned with your wishes.
No matter what amount and no matter which way you chose to donate, your contribution WILL have a positive impact on the lives of Toronto children living in poverty.