Moorelands Camp Rental and Outdoor Education Programming
Located on Kawagama Lake in the Algonquin Highlands, Moorelands Camp offers a variety of programs geared towards your needs.
Outdoor experiences, leadership skills, and community/team building are some of the programming that we offer during the months of May, early June, mid-late August, September, and early October.
Contact us today to discover everything we have to offer or request a rental now…
Click the image to view a gallery of facilities…
Enjoy a virtual tour of camp with this short video:
We offer a variety of programming options to fit your needs and budget. At the time of booking, we will go through the options available based on the goals and objectives of your time at camp. Some activities can be self-run/directed while others must be run by Moorelands Kids staff due to safety standards (e.g. swimming).
Some examples of program options that we offer are:
– Leadership & Teamwork Development – we can offer a variety of activities that encourage team building and development of leadership skills. Examples include initiatives on our low ropes course, cooperative games, and experiential activities.
– Outdoor Recreation and Pursuits – we have a variety of campsites on its properties where participants can have cookouts and learn a variety of camp craft skills such as fire building and outdoor cooking. As well, orienteering, hiking, wilderness survival skills, and canoeing can be incorporated into daily activities.
– Nature and Science Activities – Participate in nature science programming such as pond studies or a hike around our property. We have lots of things to explore around the site that fit perfectly into a school’s curriculum.
– Your own programming! – We will work with you to give you a clear picture of the facilities so that you can plan your own programming and support it as best we can.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are on Kawagama Lake near Dorset, ON so travel time depends on where you are coming from. It is approximately 2.5 hours north of Toronto.
Moorelands Camp is available for booking:
- The month of May
- The first 2 weeks of June
- The last 2 weeks of August
- The month of September
- The first week of October
When you confirm your booking you will receive a package that includes a suggested packing list. Some common items are sleeping bags, swimsuit, shorts, underwear, t-shirts, toiletries, sunscreen, and bug spray.
No! We have many adult groups who rent the site for a variety of team building programming or for their own staff orientation.
Our staff members come from a variety of different backgrounds when it comes to their training and qualification. At a minimum, each staff member possesses their Standard First Aid with CPR “C” and experience working with a variety of age groups. Many staff also have specialized training such as their National Lifeguard award, Challenge Course certification, or even their teaching degree!