Moorelands Kids receives funding from a variety of sources, including individuals, foundations, corporations, service clubs and church groups.
- Rated as a Four Star A-Rated Charity by Charity Intelligence
- Not a recipient of significant funding from the Government (2% of annual budget).
- A fiscally prudent organization run with the highest level of stewardship of the public trust
- Spending only 7c of each dollar raised on administration.
- Our support comes primarily from individuals and organizations; 46% of our operating funds come from individual donations, 29% from Foundations, Corporations, Service Clubs and Church Groups.
- You can view our Canada Revenue Agency profile at CRA summary for Moorelands Kids
We are extremely grateful to our many donors for their ongoing commitment to our cause. The following individuals, foundations, corporations and groups supported our work in the 2018 calendar year:
Every donation matters at Moorelands Kids: last year, the contributions of under $500 from 787 individuals amounted to a total of $239,215.
THANK YOU ALL!
Your Rights as a Donor
The Donor Bill of Rights is developed in part by the Association of Fundraising Professionals and upheld by Moorelands Kids.
For questions or concerns about your rights as a Moorelands Kids donor, please e-mail Maureen Lewis or phone her at 416-466-9987 ext. 307.
As a donor, you have the following rights and expectations from a charity when you give:
To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to you will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for your name to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
An important message to our supporters
Moorelands Kids places a high value on our relationship with you, our donors. Without your support, we would not be able to achieve our mission to help kids bridge the opportunity gap. We thank you for your commitment to us.
We believe that transparency and accountability are essential to our success. In 2017, Moorelands Kids was successfully accredited by the Imagine Canada Standards program.
The goal of the Standards Program is to help Canadian charities and nonprofits improve their practices and increase transparency in five foundational areas: board governance, financial accountability & transparency, fundraising, staff management, and volunteer involvement.
As an accredited organization, it has been recognized that we meet with accepted practices for soliciting and managing donor dollars. This is important because you, our supporters, are entitled to transparency and to making the greatest impact possible with your investment in us.
If you have any questions about our adherence to the Standards Program, please feel free to e-mail Maureen Lewis or phone her at 416-466-9987 ext. 307, or download a copy of our financial statements. You can learn more about the Standards Program by going to www.imaginecanada.ca.